July 4, 2011

4Th of July parade in Iowa

Well even tho we decided against colorado for now we still boarded a plane bound for iowa for the chance to be part of a small town parade. I have to say that it was a great time. We got that perfect small town usa feel that we had hoped for..Alison even won a turkey leg for being the person who had traveled the furthest to attend the parade...although I'm sure dressing like daisy duke helped just a bit. Everyone came out for the festivities and cheered us on as we drove down main street in our group of tractors out of the total of about 50 tractors our family had eleven of them thanks to our Uncle Herb who worked feverishly to make sure everything was working for us california folk..you know, them city people.I personally got the added bonus of tweeting to drive one of the tractors the six miles from the house to the town and back. There just isn't anything like cruising the beautiful lush farmland waving at little kids and passing by cows and deer that you can find out in california. All said it was truly an amazing expierence and one that I know we will treasure.






No comments:

Post a Comment